Carrollton, TX asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for Virginia

Q: Ex husband is narcissistic. Stalking my fiancé and threatening to call the cops when we’re at his place.

He threatens to tell lies on him of abuse and just pops up whenever he likes demand immediate access to the kids. I try and try to work with, but he so focused on hurting me. Is there any hope for full custody? Can my fiancé file for defamation of character?

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: Why doesn't your fiance file criminal charges or seek a restraining order?

Why would you be at his place?

Go to court in your divorce proceedings and get judicial involvement in child visitation.

Consult with a lawyer whether you may record the conversations since it is made openly with no expectation of privacy.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.