Asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Texas

Q: If the deceased owner of 9 lands in Tx. passed without a will, how can the person entrusted with the land sell?

The original landowner passed, his descendants passed, and one grand child of he original owner was the one that entrusted an uncle with the tenancy of the land before he passed too. Any other descendant that might have a legal right live in different states and do not want anything to do with the property. What would be the legal process to follow in order for them to sell as soon as possible?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tammy Lyn Wincott
Tammy Lyn Wincott
  • Real Estate Law Lawyer
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: It sounds like you'll need a "Determination of Heirship" and "Administrator" appointed who can pay any debts and sell property if necessary, giving the remaining assets to the appropriate heirs.

I'm going to move this over to probate as well.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.