State University, AR asked in Criminal Law for Arkansas

Q: Will 3-3-301 Stuate be on my criminal records for the first offense ? Will it affect my job applications?

I was given a ticket with stuate number 3-3-201 and was told since it’s the first offense it won’t affect much! I want to know if this is considered as a misdemeanor and will it affect my background checks during my job applications? Is there anyway I can get rid of this from my record ? Please help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
W. Whitfield Hyman
W. Whitfield Hyman
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fayetteville, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: It will be on your record until it is expunged, and:

"(b) In addition to all other fines and penalties herein provided, the Director of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Division shall revoke all alcoholic beverage permits held by any person convicted for a violation of this subchapter."

It is a misdemeanor, but I don't know which part of that chapter you're charged with there are several offenses.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.