Houston, TX asked in Civil Litigation, Elder Law, Probate and White Collar Crime for Texas

Q: Can an heir file suit for tortious interference for stepmom hiding late Dad's will in safe deposit box?

Also want to file breach of fiduciary duty (particularly regarding healthcare decisions made as surrogate), and financial exploitation of an elder, fraud, conversion, and against her daughter for conspiracy and aiding and abetting the tortious interference & breach of fiduciary duty (daughter's name on accounts used in conversion also).

1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Winblad
Richard Winblad
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Edmond, OK

A: I don't practice in Texas but I found this site informative:


Like many states it appears that it is crime in Texas to conceal or destroy a Will.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.