Wilmington, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: How do I go about getting custody of my kids ?

I went couple months ago due to having a child protective services case opened on me due to a domestic violence case I had with their dad I was ordered to get custody of my kids and when I want to do so and the judge told me that because I was on able to serve him that I was not able to get custody unfortunately he lives in a different state and there’s no communication with him. how do I go about getting custody.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Domingo R. Castillo
Domingo R. Castillo pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Indio, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need to speak to an experienced family law attorney right away. Many offer free consultations and offer different payment options. You need someone on your side that will be proactive and aggressively fight for your rights.

Thank you,

Castillo & Associates

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.