Honolulu, HI asked in Immigration Law for Hawaii

Q: How do I provide divorce document when I was never married to my child biological father? USCIS requires it for N-600.

Filed the N-600 for daughter after receiving citizenship. Philippines records shows one marriage to current husband. USCIS is requesting for divorce paper but was never married to daughters Biological father. Daughter was born in Kuwait, which has strict law in live births. Parents must be married to keep the baby or the baby will be taken by the Kuwait.

When daughter was born the person who filed form filled the birth certificate to show they were married even though they weren't. The father was already married to another Filipina in the Philippines during the time of birth. What documents can I send to clear discrepancy?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Carl Shusterman
Carl Shusterman
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA

A: You need to file an affidavit explaining this discrepancy. Better yet, show the paperwork to an experienced immigration attorney before doing anything.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.