Saint Louis, MO asked in Immigration Law for Missouri

Q: I just found out I was pregnant. My boyfriend wants to apply for a visitor Visa. Which Visa app should he apply for

He is from Dominican Republic and wants to be present for appointments and child birth. Can he apply for visitors Visa and request to stay until the child Is born? I know it says 90 days

Yes I am a natural born US Citizen. We have discussed marriage just not in a rush right now with weddings plans. Of course I'm going to sponsor him for a green card should he choose that is indeed what he wants. He really isn't in a rush to come to America to live he just wants to be here for now for the baby and myself temporarily.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Carl Shusterman
Carl Shusterman
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA

A: Need more facts to answer your question. Are you a US citizen? Are you and your boyfriend planning to get married? If so, are you going to sponsor him for a green card?

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.