Branson, MO asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: stopped in 2017, 2 guns/ 26lbs weed. charge was 2 felonies at 7 years. 2018 current weight dropped the traffic charge

so know i am being offered 2 months in county, 5yrs probation sis and around 1000 fine. they violated my 1st/4th amendents and did not have reason to pull me over to begin with. really dont want these felonies and i don't want to fight it and lose to go to prison. Canadian county. just seems like they dont have a strong case since the penalities drop from 7years to 2months. i have had a lawyer working on the case but i dont know if this is due to his talents or just to advise me to take the 2 months because he doesnt want to fight the system for me. what do you think

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Frank A. Urbanic
Frank A. Urbanic
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: The other attorney's answer is correct. Talk to your attorney about this. You hired him to answer questions like this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.