San Bernardino, CA asked in Probate for California

Q: how can i find out who tried to have me declared dead

my school loan advisor told me that someone claiming to be my spouse tired to have me declared dead to stop the school from taking my tax return how can.i find out WHO???????

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David L. Crockett
David L. Crockett
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Wow that sounds like a huge scam! You should write a letter (keep a copy) and send it certified mail return receipt requested to hour school loan advisor asking the questions: (1) who claimed to be your spouse; (2) what written documentation was presented making this claim; and (3) pleas provide a copy of that written documentation. You should also contact your local police department fraud division and explain the situation because there may have been a criminal act. Good luck.

David L. Crockett, attorney/cpa/broker/Martindale Hubble AV preeminent rating.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.