Los Angeles, CA asked in Criminal Law, Real Estate Law, Probate and White Collar Crime for California

Q: Help! Grandma's probate case FRAUDULENT. She didn't legally own real estate. Her son is "next of kin" and takin my home!

What can I do to stop this crazy probate case? I hired attorney. I told him the problem I discovered. I thought he would stop probate but what he did was remove my uncle, he no longer Administrator of her estate. Then now I am Administrator of her estate. This is not what I want. How do I make people understand I never gave away my home to grandma? There's a notary woman involved who saying I signed that Grant deed but I know I never did and I'm sure they don't have my fingerprint on that notary book. As a matter of fact, the notary never turned in that particular book to Sacramento. I don't know what is the proper way to stop this probate in order to prove I never gifted my house. And where or how can I start to prove this and to who? Why hasn't my attorney stopped it if this is why I went to his office and hired him to do? Why is just continuing probate? If this case ends I will still have to split my home with my fraudulent illegal uncle. He is dishonest and a liar. I need justice

1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Samuel Price
Richard Samuel Price
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You should ask your attorney about an 850 petition to determine what assets are, or are not, in your grandma's estate. This is a lawsuit to determine whether the house is yours or your grandmas.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.