Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
California White Collar Crime Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: L.A Criminal: I have to give Notice to the D.A. of a Motion on the Court Calendar. Is there a specific form to use?

Los Angeles - Foltz Criminal Justice Center: The judge told me to give Notice to the DA of an upcoming Feb hearing. Do I only provide the D.A. with the hearing date, or do I also attached a copy of the Motion filed with the Court? Is there a form to notify the DA of a scheduled date (in addition... Read more »

David Michael Lehr
David Michael Lehr answered on Jan 12, 2021

You give the da and the court the identical paperwork.

1 the motion.

2 the proof of service

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Civil Litigation, Collections and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: How many days should elapse would be considered abandonement of claim for filing motion for attorney fees and costs?

This pertains to a plaintiff with no legal standing represented by an aiding and abetting attorney.

Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II answered on Oct 24, 2020

Now you are mixing sausage and vanilla ice cream. Attorneys don't "aid and abet" that is language for Criminals. The answer is the same, check the rules of court and the Code of Civil Procedure.

Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: Hello my name is Erik, I’m 16 years old and I’m thinking about becoming criminal lawyer. I wanted to know steps

I wanted to know steps of becoming criminal lawyer and with details.

Thank you

Steven Lance Bynum
Steven Lance Bynum answered on Aug 25, 2020

The steps to becoming a criminal lawyer are the same as the steps to become any other type of lawyer. You need to go to law school. Depending on your state and your goals, there are many avenues to get there. For instance, I went to graduate school and got my masters degree prior to going to law... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: Is this harassment to be quarantined by employer that is assuming another company has covid without symptoms or results.

I was working with contractors and a company man came out screaming for everyone to wear masks, as I was working and wearing a mask he saw mine was below my nose. As was his mask. As I pointed out his was below his nose, he sped off angry. Went to higher up and I’m now subject to quarantine... Read more »

Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen answered on Aug 5, 2020

There is nothing wrong with a contracting partner of your employer complaining about you not wearing a mask properly, even if the complainer was doing the same. There is also nothing unlawful about your employer sending you home because of this complaint. The company your company is working for... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in White Collar Crime for California on
Q: How do i find information about a class action case. First solar inc / CLP Resources inc are the defendants.

I received letter in the mail informing me of the class action law suit. I called the law counsel that was supposedly representing the plaintiffs witch is Harris & Rubel. I received contradicting information from two different people that answered the phone. Now i cant get anyone to answer the... Read more »

Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II answered on Jul 14, 2020

The notice you received should provide information about contacting Plaintiff's counsel, who are the only people you should be contacting if you think you have a claim. My suggestion is submit a claim and see what happens.

Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: I am my fiance's only caregiver, can they take me to jail?

I got in trouble last year and been fighting it ever since, the only offer I have been given is 290 days the problem is, my fiance is mentally ill and needs me to care for her. I am all she has and I am very worried what will happen to her if I go to jail. She has no family or anything. Is there... Read more »

Rhonda Mae Hixon
Rhonda Mae Hixon answered on Jun 22, 2020

Most county jails have alternative custody programs that offer work program or home electronic confinement as an alternative to incarceration, with exception for certain offenses. Check with your lawyer, or your county jail (website) for specifics about their program. You may not need an agreement... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law, Libel & Slander and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: Can a web developer knowingly/unknowingly put redirects to spam sites on a client's website without client consent?

I hired a web developer for my company's website. For the past 2 years he was the only one with access to the editing tools and the domain, until recently where we discovered accessing the site through a mobile device would redirect you to spam sites, sometimes pornographic, and we asked him... Read more »

Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II answered on Jun 13, 2020

It isn't clear from your question or the sites you posted this question to, exactly what it is that you want. First, you need a new developer to clean your site and correct these problems, close all backdoors and shut out the old developer. Is this criminal? Probably not, but I am not a... Read more »

Q: My small town with a population less than 10K is on track to pay the city attorney 500K annually. Is this normal?
George W. Wolff Esq.
George W. Wolff Esq. answered on May 8, 2020

It does seem excessive.

Did they handle any litigation for the City?

Maybe they should put it out for bid?

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, White Collar Crime and Civil Rights for California on
Q: Who can i go to to report a crime when that criminal is the same authorities of the city

This is a big civil case there’s big corruption in this city, they ignore my demands even if i show the legislature that proves them wrong, i need an attorney who is willing to go against a P.D. And fire department to the extent that i know they have crushed my rights

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Mar 9, 2020

more info needed.

not my area of law.

however, i would be careful about posting on an open forum.

i assume you are not in a position to hire a lawyer on an hourly and need a lawyer on a contingency.....that is not my firm.

2 Answers | Asked in Admiralty / Maritime, Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: I need an attorney or to find out what organization handles maritime offenses for unseaworthy repairs that were hidden

I purchased a vessel out of a shipyard that had promised me a bottom job on a documented u.s. coast guard vessel. The vessel when I was taken to see it had the laminate structures completely ground down two to three layers of the outside layer of a cord vessel hull I was told I would receive an... Read more »

Tom Evans
Tom Evans answered on Jan 14, 2020

This is potentially a mixed question of maritime law and contract/consumer protection. The U S Coastguard in your District (there are 13 or so spread across the US depending on what State you live in) local office of marine safety or the marine safety officer at your District MIGHT be... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Probate, White Collar Crime and Identity Theft for California on
Q: Would a criminal court judge grant a exparte petition in a probate matter ?
James Edward Berge
James Edward Berge answered on Jan 10, 2020

No. Both are separate branches of the superior court, but both have separate functions: a criminal court adjudicates criminal law matters and a probate court adjudicates matters affecting trusts and estates. Rarely will one branch of the superior court step on the toes of another branch of the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Libel & Slander and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: Case #SC129686 RICO. MUST take case to SUPREME Court -defendants bribe federal court judges like Dolly m gee

Council for disney defendants Alexander the FAKE myers lies on federal court declarations Google posts on YouTube the truth and their unholy alliances with the mouSStapo the internet authorities made Disney take down my registered ASCAP sag/aftra work called.... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Dec 14, 2019

more more info needed to evaluate and understand the matter.

however, if you are looking for a lawyer to take a matter to the Supreme Court i don't do that.

Lawyers that would go there would probably be expensive. Are you in a position to retain such a lawyer?

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: How do I report white-collar criminal activity (fraud, battery, perjury) to the Los Angeles DA's Office & California AG?

Defendants: Los Angeles Spine Surgeon, his University Hospital, & Device Manufacturer.

David Stephen Kestenbaum
David Stephen Kestenbaum answered on Dec 11, 2019

You have to file a police report in most cases and they present it to the proper prosecutorial agency. Fraud is also a Civil tort where you would sue them. Without knowing what acts constituting criminal fraud are alleged it's hard to direct you to proper investigative agency.

You can...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: Am i likely to get arrested for theft from my employer?

Im a 19 year old employee who was caught stealing money from the till at Safeway, im currently on pending investigation suspension, and have already admitted to it after hearing the evidence from the investigator, and was told i would hear about the result by Tuesday at the latest. My question is... Read more »

William Jaksa
William Jaksa answered on Nov 27, 2019

Depends on your employer and how they decided to handle the matter.

You might want to consider, without admitting to theft, offering to pay back any shortages as a result of your mistakes. IF your employer is made whole and suffered no loses it could save money in legal fees and a criminal...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: what do you do if its edd insider fraud
David Stephen Kestenbaum
David Stephen Kestenbaum answered on Nov 11, 2019

You file a police report and let th hem investigate!

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: If some one was tried and convicted can they go and arrest another person for that same credit card

I Did jail time for a credit card and they arrested and is now trying to charge him now but I had ben first to do time for it so why does my friend have to do do time for using it to?..

William M. Weinberg
William M. Weinberg answered on Oct 24, 2019

I think you answered your own question. Your friend to use the credit card. That’s a crime because it wasn’t his card. Therefore, the government can charge him for using the card when he should not have use the card because it does not belong to him.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Federal Crimes, Identity Theft and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: Out first & ONLY attempt to release <in hand> absolute, binding proof, Staff + Exec Credit Union Corruption/Fraud/Kiting

Question is: who wants it? This won't even make it to arbitration, it's gonna be handcuffs for at least 3 High-ranking executives, down to scrub(s) that open account in July 2017.

As the CIO stated, "you can have as many sub-accounts as you want" Apparently I have... Read more »

William John Light
William John Light answered on Aug 15, 2019

Sounds like a criminal or regulatory matter. The National Credit Union Administration is the independent federal agency that regulates, charters and supervises federal credit unions. You can submit a complaint to it here:

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, Probate and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: Does my lawyer have my best interest in mind?

I have had a warrant for over a month now due to my probation being revoked for supposedly not reporting contact I had with the police.

My PO advised me to tell my lawyer to schedule a walk in warrant hearing and I did but my lawyer keeps stalling.

First it was to hear the... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Aug 12, 2019

more info needed.

it is always difficult to second guess another lawyer without knowing what s/he is dealing with.

sometimes certain judges and DA make a big difference and you need both of them at the same time.

3 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: The defendant definitely has the ability to pay. His annual income for the past three years has been $7mil, $8mil,$11mil

And what I meant by “proven” was that his employee finally admitted to the forgery (under oath) and he amends his original declaration and apologized to me and over $30k is returned to me over one year later. This has been a nightmare for me. I don’t understand why he or the employee are... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Jun 19, 2019 is a federal offense b/c of the mail box/postal authority.

did you report to police? why not filing/arrest?

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Business Law, Small Claims and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: I got scammed out of 5500$ by an online seller, How to proceed?

Ok, So i purchased 20,000$ (~200 orders) of merchandise from an online e commerce site for my small business, under all my personal info. I only receive 900$ of items from them. I charged back with my credit provider and only got back 14000$ I am out about 5500$. I am not the only one who got... Read more »

Scott Richard Kaufman
Scott Richard Kaufman answered on May 6, 2019

Sounds like you may have to sue them, which of course could cost way more than the $5500 you are out.

Maybe small claims is your best bet, it's quick, easy and for matters under 10K wherein attorneys are not

allowed at all, well, other than to represent an LLC or a CORP.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.