Lake Havasu City, AZ asked in Elder Law for Arizona

Q: My mom has Parkinson's and gave someone power of attorney! I need help to over ride. Please help me

I have been my mom's care giver for 2yrs for her Parkinson's and have lived with her for 3yrs. She went to utah 3wks ago to visit my brother for 10days and now I have been informed she gave this man power of attorney of her life and he has taken control over her. Trying to evict me sale all her property out her in a nursing home won't let me talk to her unless he is on the other phone listening. This man threatened to p it me in jail, he arrived here at the house with 2other people trying force me out on the street s. I'm scared I'm never going to see my mom again. Also this man is a drug deAler p!ease help

Thank you, Glenora

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ryan K Hodges
Ryan K Hodges
  • Elder Law Lawyer
  • Mesa, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Overriding a power-of-attorney is not easy unless your mom agrees and revokes it. One of the few ways to force this is to petition the court to get guardianship for your mom. This is result is by no mean certain, but it is one of the few options in this situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.