Fort Worth, TX asked in Social Security for Texas

Q: I'm needing advise or representation in receiving social security benefits .

I have a injury to my right hand that resulted in loss of two fingers amputation and the use of another finger my hand was crushed in a sheet metal bender .I now have been diagnosed with PTSD and several other disorders because of accident.I just got released from a extensive amount of time in tdcj they actually filed the SSDI and SSI forms in my behalf.i was sent two other forms that attached to these forms I completed and sent in.they now want me to see a doctor of their choice in a month of September 13 .it's been over four months since the claim was filed and I'm concerned this is there ways of denying me.i need representation and help with this complex situation.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anna Katherine Stone
Anna Katherine Stone
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Tampa, FL

A: They may be sending you to their on doctor if your doctors have not addressed permanent restrictions. They basically want a medical source statement commenting on your residual functional capacity (RFC). You must attend any and all appointments they set for you or you will be jeopardizing your claim. It can take many months for them to gather all the records and review the claim. I encourage you to retain a qualified SSD attorney if you get denied. You will only have 60 days to file an appeal from date of denial!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.