Bowie, TX asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas

Q: I am from TX & my live-in boyfriend is from CA & we have a 6 mth old daughter. He got into some trouble in CA & will

Soon be incarcerated there also. His mom just recently 'informed' us that she WILL be flying to Tx & she WILL be taking my daughter back with her! My daughter is NOT going to CA! I can't afford an attorney. Can i file all the paperwork myself? I forgot to mention that all this is supposed to happen by Aug. 7, 2018.

Thank u for your help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bert Steinmann
Bert Steinmann
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Conroe, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Call a local attorney and file a SAPCR - Suit Affecting Parent Child Relationship. That way no question of where the child stays. (This is not intended to be specific legal advice, call a local attorney and get a consult asap)

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.