Woodbridge, CT asked in Consumer Law for Massachusetts

Q: State MA - Servicer refuses full payment to cure loan default, Wired payment to their attorney, He sends personal check

This is regarding stopping a foreclosure. the funds are on hand to bring the loan current but the Servicer and their Attorneys are misleading my elderly mother. they are using dirty tricks to delay or even block her from curing her loan, The servicers attorneys were contacted and on 3 occasions confirmed they would accept payment by wire transfer a certified form of payment, and so they were paid, but then they forwarded a personal check to their client the servicer knowing full well the servicer would reject the payment claiming it wasn't paid to them in a certified form, and so continuing this foreclosure process with the servicers attorney continuing to mount legal fees onto the matter. This misleading predatory behavior especially with the elderly cant possibly be legal. The servicers attorney is now in possession of around $20 grand of my mothers money and the servicer is refusing to cure the loan as their attorney sits quietly with the $20G's in their bank acct.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Christopher Tolley
Christopher Tolley
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Boston, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Call the attorney general's office or the Massachusetts banking commissioner. Both have units that deal with this type of behavior.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.