Lawrenceville, GA asked in Immigration Law for Georgia

Q: Uscis officer is requesting for my stepchildren's birth certificate in order to approve my citizenship.

my stepchildren were born and are living in a foreign country. I don't have access to their personal documents. what are my options?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Safiya Webber Byars
Safiya Webber Byars
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your question it is difficult to give you a beneficial answer without asking you some questions and getting the background on your case. At the very least it appears that you will need to provide the documents to Immigration that they requested or accept the fact that your case will be denied. However, based on your difficulty in obtaining the requested documents, I would highly recommend that you consult with an immigration attorney to explore your options as soon as possible. Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.