Tiverton, RI asked in Civil Rights for Virginia

Q: Recently moved from my fathers house, I need legal help in what to do about my car?

I have a car that i bought in joint with my father, he agreed to pay half and so did I. This was not through a legal binding contract but through texts and speech. So in regards of me moving, he said i could keep my car as long as I pay him back the remaining money that I owe. Both our names are on the titles and my car is registered in Virginia. But my father is threatening that he took off my license plates and have moved my car in an unknown location and will not tell me where it is.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: This is not civil rights. I would suggest contracts

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.