Palm Coast, FL asked in Real Estate Law for Florida

Q: We are selling our home for cash. What fees is each party responsible to pay? We live in Florida

Related Topics:
3 Lawyer Answers

Jennifer Isaksen

  • Bushnell, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Couldn't say for sure without knowing the purchase price and terms of Contract. Typically, the seller pays the doc stamps for recording the deed and the buyer and seller split the closing costs. If there is title insurance, the seller would pay for the owner's policy and the title search. It would be best if you had a real estate attorney to handle the closing for you to be sure you have the correct forms and each side pays the correct amount.

Roberto F. Fleitas III

  • Miami, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: The contract determines what closing costs are paid by each party to the transaction. Having said that, typically, as a seller, you should expect to pay real estate commissions. You should also expect to pay documentary stamp taxes on the deed. You will also be required to pay for the title search and any cost related to correcting title defects.

Please visit our website at: for more information.

Below you will find a link to a Video FAQ, addressing this very question. "What Costs can I Expect to Pay at the Closing as a Seller?"

Jonathan A. Klurfeld

  • Boca Raton, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Way too broad of a question. If you have no realtors you at least need to have an attorney to walk you through the process. Seller typically pays for doc stamps, title search, commissions, etc; whatever the contract calls for.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.