Newark, NJ asked in Family Law and Child Support for New Jersey

Q: My husband is lying about how much money he is making

I just dropped a DM case against my husband (we've been separeted since march), my attorney recommend not to but i just wanted to avoid headache. she requested then a child support, my husband told her he is making 500 a week and agreed to pay 100 a week. He also had our son monday and tuesday, he said want sundays and mondays in order to work more and make more money, sunday is sacrated to me and i really didnt want to but my attorney said i had no option once i lost my job im doing uber and i have a more flexible schedule. I just found out my husband get 1000week, is been partying and eating out. he is living with his parents. i live alone with our son, i have no family in the us, only my child, ive been making beetwen 500 to 600 a week, i have car loan, insurance, plus 1300 rent. i have a court date next month so the judge will tell exactly how much in fact he will be paying me. can i make sure him shows his bank statement in court and provide us what his son deservers?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Brown
Adam Brown
  • Hoboken, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Thank you for your question.

The best way to pursue spousal support without getting divorced is through the FD-non-dissolution docket, There, you can request spousal support, as well as designate the case complex. A complex designation will allow you to request discovery, i.e., bank statements, paystubs, etc.

I highly recommend you retain an attorney to help you file and argue the case the right way.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.