Chicago, IL asked in Car Accidents, Personal Injury, Products Liability and Small Claims for Illinois

Q: I was sold a vehicle which I was told had no damage . i later found out in had frame damage.Can I sue for product liab?

I was involved in an accident. I hit a parked car , however the entire vehicle flipped causing me to be hospitalized, I lost wages at work, etc. I later found out the car had frame damage which played a huge role in why the car flipped instead of staying upright.

1 Lawyer Answer
Steve McCann
Steve McCann
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: It is certainly possible you have a viable cause of action, as well as the ability to recover for the personal injuries sustained. However, the chances of recovery are dependent on specific facts that are not provided here, such as the details around the collision and the applicability of various warranties and insurance policies.

That being the case, I recommend you first seek all of the medical attention necessary. Next, I recommend you organize everything in your possession that is relevant to this matter, and consult with an attorney individually. Many of us offer free consultations, and if your claims have merit, will represent you on a contingent basis, so it will not cost you anything out of pocket to obtain the opinion and guidance of an experienced professional who will work with you to add value to your claims.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.