Pittsburgh, PA asked in Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for Pennsylvania

Q: Mr xxx. 26 yr old, went into apt. hes now sick carbon monoxide poisoning mold dampness rust electricity faults

no door on bathroom, light outside to walk down stairs not working extremely dangerous. In the bedroom none of the plugs work.

His furniture and clothes, etc. have been made unusable as covered with mold, even his expensive guitar.

I really do not think the health department would allow this place to be habitated as there is danger lurking everywhere; so many bugs. Even the dampness has worked itself up the walls

He can only afford pro bono attorney as he is an orphan. his father passed away a few years ago, and I have been left as a single mother of 6 children.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: He should contact the legal aid /legal services in Pittsburgh; ask for their housing group; if they say they don't handle that ask if any of their attorneys left for private practice. Call that person.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.