New Castle, PA asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Pennsylvania

Q: Charged with false written statement on gun purchase

Been denied purchase so I challenged, PICS says from an assault charge when I was 18 I am 60 now so that was 42yrs ago and in that 42yrs I have bought 6 guns, 1 from Ohio and crossed into Pa without any problems. This in March 2018 August 30th 2018 it was in the paper i was charged with false written statement and i have never talkef to anyone, do I get attorney now or wait till i hear from someone

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Get an attorney now. I've had cases like this, and they can be beat. Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.