Jacksonville, NC asked in Employment Law for North Carolina

Q: Withholding Pay

I worked for a cupcake franchise for 2 months and quit because the weren’t pay any employees correctly or providing pay stubs. Our time logs were all posted on an app so i have accurate records of what my paychecks were supposed to be as well and an excel spreadsheet of the checks they wrote from their personal accounts. I contacted the NCDOL but they dropped my case after the employers were avoiding contact and providing false or incomplete information. How should I go about getting the rest of my pay?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kirk Angel
Kirk Angel
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: If the NCDOL would not help, you only other option would be to file a lawsuit against them. You should consult with an attorney to discuss how best to approach a lawsuit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.