Troutdale, OR asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law and Probate for Arizona

Q: My dad was murdered in his living room in lake havasu city, az 3nov2017. His killer "turned himself in" who can help me?

The murderer, after killing my dad, stole my dads gun, 1 of 2 weapons used in the crime, as well as my dads wallet, cellphone, keys, & truck, all recovered from the killers possession at the time of incarceration. He was initially arrested in la paz county, where he turned to law enforcement for help because a man he attempted to rob at gunpoint the next am overpowered him, then chased him with his own vehicle directly to the police station, according to the investigative officer working the case out of the lake havasu city precinct. I dont know what to do. Theres so much more to this...& complicating things further for me, i live in oregon. Please, PLEASE let there be somebody that can & will help me with this. The sentencing trial is soon, within a month from now, i THINK.

The lake havasu city police, the az victim witness/compensation programs & county attorneys offices & staff have been MINIMALLY helpful at best. Who do i turn to?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter H. Westby
Peter H. Westby
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: I recommend that you contact an Arizona probate attorney to advise you and answer your questions. There are many details that need to be handled and your attorney can help you get started.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.