Searcy, AR asked in Criminal Law for Arkansas

Q: How to get off Felony First time offense Probation early in Arkansas?

My husbands probation officer told him he wanted to release him, but he needed to petition the court. He gave us a few numbers, but I am really lost in all of this and have no idea on where to start.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James E Hensley Jr
James E Hensley Jr
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Conway, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: The judge sometimes will consent and take your husband off of probation early. We will need the prosecutor to agree also. You have a very good chance of getting the felony sealed from your husband’s record.

Please realize that even though the record is sealed, other agencies such as is Matt still have the information and use it for a background check. The state of Arkansas will clear the record but these other organizations may not get the message. If one of these people do happen to have the information incorrect you will have to send them a copy of the order and they will fix their records

With all that said you should expect to pay between 2000 and $3000 to do all of this. Some people try to do this by themselves and they usually have a lot of trouble because it is done incorrectly. Hire a lawyer to do this for you

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.