Edmond, OK asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Oklahoma

Q: My son is 15 and no longer wants to live with his dad .We have joint custody,but he's the primary. What to do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jason Perkins
Jason Perkins
  • El Reno, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Without knowing more of the reason why he no longer wishes to stay with his dad that can be tricky to answer. Has he tried to speak with his father about the reasons why? A modification could likely be filed with the courts depending on different factors, and since the minor is over the age of 12 heavy preference is likely to be given. Even with that being the case though you should consult with an attorney as to what your options are.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.