Scottsdale, AZ asked in DUI / DWI for Arizona

Q: What's the fastest way to get a DUI removed from my record?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Zachary Divelbiss
Zachary Divelbiss
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: In Arizona, there is not a way to remove a DUI from your record. You can have your DUI record "Set Aside". The process isn't very fast but you have to complete probation then submit a "Set Aside" motion and wait for a judge to grant it. Someone judge will make you wait a certain amount of time but each judge is different. "Set Aside" will notify anyone who searches for your record that your DUI has been set aside by a judge.

If you were wrongfully accused of a DUI (completely wrong person), then there is a much longer and complicated process to have your DUI removed from your record. This is very rare.

Contact us if you have more specific questions: or 480-935-6545

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.