Pawcatuck, CT asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Rhode Island

Q: Ex has our daughter. Refusing to give he to me

I've been tryin to contact dcyf investigator for days and having heard from themI have to be spoken to any dcyf worker. How do I know if he has custody. I tried gettin daughter back after he took her for the night refused then gave my parents info on him gettin full custody from dcyf. Again no one has spoken to me.

Let me explain I was displaced from my home belongings identification everything I own after he kicked me out . Filed false domestic on me . Weeks laterI had few drinks and called him to pick daughter up because I was under residence I was staying at..since then won't let me or family see her keeps sayin Dcyf gave him custody can they do that without contacting me.. I do in know there is not an open case just investigation. does this sound right or am I dealing with someone who is lying so I can't get her.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: It's nary impossible to determine whom may be lying about what on the scant information provided. If you are working with an attorney in your DCYF case, contact them. If you can afford to hire your own attorney, that is a great idea. There should also be a social worker assigned to the case that you may be able to speak with.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.