Bridgeton, NJ asked in Family Law for New Jersey

Q: My kids father has filed visitation rights, but was never involved in their lives, can he take them? they are 5 & 6

He also wants to decrease child support, I don't want that since he never lend a hand, phinancially nor physically at all, he filed for visitation rights at the same day we had court for child support, hes unhappy since he has to pay,he just wants to hurt me by taking my kids,he is also not a good man, what can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Brown
Adam Brown
  • Hoboken, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You can file an opposition to visitation rights.

I would raise many defenses, and I suggest speaking to a lawyer to get a better idea.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.