Louisville, KY asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Kentucky

Q: Have a few questions about a potential custody case. Unmarried father just wanting to know what rights I have.

Have a few questions about a potential custody case. Unmarried father just wanting to know what rights I have. She’s thinking about having the baby and taking it to another state out of 100% spite towards me because I have no interest in being in a relationship with her. She’s stated this on multiple occasions And i have proof. What are my options?

1 Lawyer Answer

Timothy Denison

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: 1) Let her go and wait to see if she pursues anything against you.

2). File your own petition to establish paternity and custody and seek share parenting.

3). Really depends on whether you want a relationship with the child.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.