Toledo, OH asked in Criminal Law for Ohio

Q: What are my rights?

The mother of my fiance's children violated a court visitation order, entered our home uninvited, refused to leave, scared my child by yelling and then edventually hitting my spouse which landed her with a domestic violence charge. I do not want her back into our home.!!! She is a threat and is abusive towards my fiancee. What can I do if her domestic violence charge is dropped? We have the assault on video

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Matthew Williams

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You can file for a civil protection order for one, and probably should. While there will be an order in place during her criminal case, it will end. Civil orders can be granted for as long as 5 years, and can be renewed. Additionally, there may be some custody issues that need to be addressed depending on the situation with your fiance's children.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.