Roslindale, MA asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Rhode Island

Q: Child is 5, father doesnt pay for nothing, didnt pay child support when on restraining order. What can be done?

My son's father doesnt do anything. I pay the bills for everything from food to medical bills. There was a restraining order for a year where he had to pay child support but never did. Its been 5 years and he just recently had him for 2 weeks straight. Any other time its only 3 days probably once a month.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: It sounds like you would do well to secure an attorney to assist you in pursuing the issues you mention. Meet with an attorney to explore court options to establish custody and support, or if you have an M case open already, seek counsel to enforce the support order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.