Reading, PA asked in Bankruptcy and Divorce for Pennsylvania

Q: In the process of a divorceHouse isnt sellingHe is filing for bankruptcyWhat is my best options?

We split bills ones in my name vs his name

The house is the biggest issue?!

Its been on the market since last October

No one making offers to cover balance due

Cash broke!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: 1) Wait for House to sell.

2). Deed in lieu of foreclosure back to bank

3). His bankruptcy will stay proceedings for a bit and maybe the trustee can sell in and you will get your share, if any, after sale and payment of mortgage.

4) if YOU have no equity either, maybe you should also file bankruptcy and walk away. Consult an experienced bankruptcy attorney bc much more info is needed to properly answer these questions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.