Seattle, WA asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability and Workers' Compensation for North Carolina

Q: Diagnosed with acute leukemia after working with Benzene for 21 years. What kind of attorney to we need?

My longtime partner, diagnosed with Acute Leukemia after working with Benzene products for 21 years. He tool all the precautions(mask, ventilation, etc.)In March 2018, After extensive research, experts at Harborview Medicine Environment and Occupational have determined benzene flipped the genetic card that caused his leukemia. He suffered enormously not only from treatment but side effects of treatment (Perforated colon, 3 months internal bleeding, puncture to the heart, having to learn to walk again): SEPT 21 2018, WA State Workers comp approved his claim and stated third party involvement

Question: Workers comp stated if there is 3rd party liability, either they can pursue damages or we can.

What would be the best course of action for us and how can we find an attorney who would take this on? If you read below and see the full story you can see it would be potentially and ENORMOUS DAMAGES SUIT. Do we use a personal injury lawyer? Product liability? Toxic Torte?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: May have an occupational disease or similar claim. Look for a member of the NC Assn for Justice who handles workers compensation and toxic exposure cases--they give free consults and could best advise your partner.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.