Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Martha Ramsay
2 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation for North Carolina on
Q: I recently broke my foot at work and now the workmans comp adjuster wants a recorded statement. What do I do?

I told her I needed to consult with an atty 1st.

Martha Ramsay
Martha Ramsay answered on Nov 20, 2020

We recommend that our client’s consult with an attorney before giving a recorded statement. Why? North Carolina has a requirement that an work injury be considered an accident- something that is unusual or unexpected. Most people believe that workers’ compensation requires proof that you... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for North Carolina on
Q: Can I get money for pain and suffering in a workers' comp claim?
Martha Ramsay
Martha Ramsay answered on Dec 12, 2018

No, not in North Carolina. The law allows for compensation for three benefits: Medical treatment, payment for lost time and payment for permanent injury. One of the elements of the original bargain of workers’ compensation law, no compensation for pain and suffering is supposed to be... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for North Carolina on
Q: How do I know if I'm entitled to workers compensation? Do I have to be a full-time employee or is part-time ok?
Martha Ramsay
Martha Ramsay answered on May 21, 2018

It is not based on whether you are full-time or part-time. If you are an employee and there are three or more employees, your employer should carry workers' compensation insurance, unless they fall under one of a number of exemptions. You should contact a Board Certified Workers'... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for North Carolina on
Q: Looking for the best personal injury attorney in charlotte, nc any suggestions
Martha Ramsay
Martha Ramsay answered on Sep 23, 2011

Please call the Ramsay Law Firm at 704-376-1616.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.