Hoffman Estates, IL asked in Family Law and Child Support for Alabama

Q: My fiance's ex-wife's attorney in Alabama is citing Ex Parte Brewington

Their daughter is 19, has Aspbergers, but she lived with us in Chicago for 5 months. We put her in the hospital because she had some other issues going on and she was diagnosed with bi-polar and possible schizoaffective disorder. She did not qualify for much in IL because she had not established residency. We tried to work with the ex-wife who ignored all communication attempts. He took her to a hospital in AL (residency) for help. Her mother then took her out of the hospital, told her she has no mental problems, then filed this petition saying her child is permanently disabled, and he abandoned her and she knew nothing about it. Is there a case that I can review in AL that may help??

Um, yes I read Brewington

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: I am not able to answer this, but you might take a look at Brewington.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.