Asked in Civil Rights, Criminal Law and Elder Law for Oklahoma

Q: What would be the typical bond for Exploitation of elderly or disabled adult and what to do if falsely accused

My Mom was helping this guy that asked to take care of him giving him baths and cleaning his house and to fix his house up and to get rid of a severe case of bed bugs and he gave her is credit card and the pin and car keys when he went to the hospital and my mom went and bought the things needed to fix his house up paid people to help with the project and stuff to get rid of the bed bugs and when he got out of the hospital he was all passed off and now she has a warrant for this she is 54 years old and he gave her permission to she is going to go turn her self in tomorrow what can I do

Lawton, OK

1 Lawyer Answer
Frank A. Urbanic
Frank A. Urbanic
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: That varies by county and by judge. If bail has not been set yet, then contact a bondsman in the area. They will likely have the best estimate on what it may be.

Robert Donald Gifford II agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.