Shelton, CT asked in Divorce for Connecticut

Q: I have been divorced for 10 yrs and in the divorce agreement my ex husband is to pay me $16,900 upon my daughters high

my daughter graduated in June,2018 and now I need to receive this court ordered amount but my ex is refusing. What are my options?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ashling Soares
Ashling Soares
  • Westport, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: You may file a post-judgment motion for contempt. You should consider hiring an experienced family law attorney to file the motion on your behalf and represent you in court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.