Belleville, MI asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: I lost my children due to allegations against my now deceased husband that were not proven. No charges were pressed.

How do I go about getting custody back when I pay child support and work my self to death to do that and have very little left to live on and support my kids when I do get them to get a lawyer and go back to court?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Daniel R. Gurtner
Daniel R. Gurtner
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Columbus, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Based on the limited information that you have provided, I would advise consulting with an experienced domestic relations attorney that can assist you with filing a motion to modify parental rights and responsibilities. Depending on who currently has custody of your children and/or who removed the children in the first place you might also have to comply with a "reunification" plan or something similar.

This response is based on the limited facts you have provided and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. I cannot provide adequate advice to you without meeting with you in person. If you would like to schedule a consultation, please feel free to contact me

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.