Jamestown, ND asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for North Dakota

Q: How can i change my parenting plan if both party's agree.

my ex and I have 2 kids and a current parenting plan. in are plan it states that we are to revisit it when my oldest child starts school. we have talked about it and have agreed on a change in parenting time. I'm wondering what steps i need to take now to make it part of the plan and for child support

1 Lawyer Answer
Lesley B Foss
Lesley B Foss
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Fargo, ND
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: You would need to write up and file with the Court a written Stipulation reflecting what provisions of the Judgment you've agreed to modify. Both parties would need to sign and notarize the Stipulation. You then need to prepare and file a proposed Order and a proposed Amended Judgment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.