Atlanta, GA asked in Criminal Law and Libel & Slander for Virginia

Q: If my husband babymother (child he had iutside our marriage) is always talking bad about me /our kids what do we do?

If my husband babymother (child he had iutside our marriage) is always talking bad about me in emails to my husband (for ex: she would call me b*tches and etc when all he would do is ask her how son doing or address an issue that son told us about her and her boyfriend hitting him (only 3 years old)) but she always talking bad abiut me harrassing me and she acrually tried to get her boy friend to fight my husband at pickup/dropoff in NC (we meet halfway court order) but they live in VA. She also always talking about my deceased child and our current children (she always talking bad about them and calling them names) and her boy friend and her had recently posted our family pictures talking about me and my kids calling us b*tches and etc trying to humiliate us on Facebook. Every month when we pick up husband son or drop off she always starring drama via email and then when she see us in person at pickup/dropoff? What can we do about this or slandering?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Daniel P Leavitt
Daniel P Leavitt
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Midlothian, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: I don't actually see a question here just a statement. I would recommend you document everything and keep your cool but document everything the best way you can and if they break the law or threaten you, you can contact law enforcement. If you have a question regarding custody rights, etc, then you can ask a question under family law and get a family law attorney to answer your questions.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.