Fayetteville, NC asked in Family Law and Child Custody for New Jersey

Q: There's a court order for parenting time with my kids, I haven't talked to or seen my kids since the end of Fed. 2018.

Is their mother in violation or that order? And one of my sons is Autistic.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William N. Sosis
William N. Sosis
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hackettstown, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Children have a right to see both their parents. A custodial parent cannot unilaterally decide to stop the other parent from parenting his children and being part of their lives. Unless your Order prohibits your parenting time or imposes certain restrictions then it's likely your parenting rights have been violated and you need to have the court enforce your rights. You need a family law attorney to review and discuss the matter with you. Contact a family law attorney that will give you a no-cost consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.