Green Bay, WI asked in Child Support for Puerto Rico

Q: Child support PR. Kid 19 move from PR to US to live alone and has a job. Child support stop?

His mom can continue receive child support by his son without live with her? He move from PR to US to live alone and has a job. The minor is independence. What I need to do any motion?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte

  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Good afternoon and thank you for using JUSTIA. The child support payment is for the expenses of the child. If the child is no longer with the mother then you must file a court motion stating that the child is no longer in Puerto Rico nor living with the mother and as such you request that child support payment order be eliminated. If you need any further information or assistance with this or anyother legal matter, please feel free to contact me.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.