Medford, OR asked in Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Oregon

Q: How do I sue my former employer for multiple employment issues? Including sexual harassment, verbal abuse, and pay

The owner also took 20% of my tips every shift for over 3 years, refused to pay me more than minimum wage for my position as a manager and for being on call on my days off. I finally quit when I realized he was shorting my checks. Now he has threatened to sue me twice if I tell anyone about all of this. I have solid evidence to support all my claims and have multiple witnesses

1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens
  • Hillsboro, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: Depends on how much you are talking about. If it is under $10k, you can go to small claims court. More than that, file in regular circuit court. Of course, you would be better off using an attorney, as most do these types of cases on a contingency basis, meaning you only pay them if you win.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.