Cranston, RI asked in Criminal Law for Rhode Island

Q: My 17 year old autistic Son was falsely arrested for carrying a gun. There was no gun

Person that called has done so before to us/ others falsly. We have a restraining order against the family so they had that 25 yr old son do it.They arrested him anyway Police wrote that he fought with police, resisted arrest. We have videos and many witnesses. He never spoke a word.Made formal complaint Capt.who never got in touch with any Witnesses. A Detective was supposed to come talk to us re:any charges filed.Never Came.Then we get subpoenaed to court &got a P.D. They Want to test my son for competency. He is not guilty. I want case dismissed on evidence videos and Witnesses. He will probably be found incompetent But I want it dismissed RE: he didn't do anything wrong.i can't protect him?.Cant Afford a good lawyer.Not fair. no one ever protected us growing up & I can't protect him& I'm devastated.

The man that arrested him was in shorts & t-shirt had a gun,plain car didn't identify himself , was horrific. We r all in therapy. I can't sleep He used 2Love Police Now Afraid .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: How do you define good attorney?

Are you a good attorney? Legally, you cannot represent him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.