Kooskia, ID asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Idaho

Q: I have been a victim of police-involved sexual misconduct. Do to this happening I have also been retaliated against.

My civil rights were violated when I was illegally searched and arrested. The officer busted my car window out, cut seatbelt off of me with a knife and extracted me out of my car. He and another officer searched inside my pants pockets, my car (including truck & glove compartment). The arresting officer was the deputy of the City Chief Marshal who I stated above was involved in the officer sexual misconduct. I had my car towed and all contents stolen out of it. I was cut by the shattered glass, I missed work due to being wrongfully incarcerated. I was arrested and charged with resisting and arresting and open container. They did not have their police issued body cams on or dashcams on in either one of their police units and did not take inventory before having my car towed. They supressed evidence and dismissed charges. How can they suppress a charge that doesn't exist in the first place? Can I have this expunged off of my record? What can I do so th his doesn't happen to anyone else?

1 Lawyer Answer
John Bulger
John Bulger
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Pocatello, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: More information is needed to answer your question. You should contact an attorney to see what your options are.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.