Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Idaho Constitutional Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI and Constitutional Law for Idaho on
Q: Does being put on probation before a conviction infringe on my 14th amendment right?
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on Mar 30, 2019

Not automatically. If you’re a citizen of the United States you won’t give up the 14th Amendment rights you have simply by being convicted of a felony. However, to be certain that you haven’t been “required” to give up your 4th Amendment rights, particularly for drug crimes, by the court... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for Idaho on
Q: In Idaho can a defendant withdraw a guilty plea after signing court documents but has yet to be formally sentenced?

I am currently serving a 4 year prison term for Calif but requested extradition to Idaho for sentencing on additional charges under the Interstate Agreement on Detainers Act. After hiring my present attorney and being advised to waive the preliminary hearing to allow her extra time (3 weeks) to... Read more »

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on Dec 23, 2018


A lawyer shall act with reasonable diligence and promptness in

representing a client.


[1] A lawyer should pursue a matter on behalf of a client despite opposition, obstruction or personal inconvenience to the lawyer, and take whatever...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Idaho on
Q: I have been a victim of police-involved sexual misconduct. Do to this happening I have also been retaliated against.

My civil rights were violated when I was illegally searched and arrested. The officer busted my car window out, cut seatbelt off of me with a knife and extracted me out of my car. He and another officer searched inside my pants pockets, my car (including truck & glove compartment). The arresting... Read more »

John Bulger
John Bulger answered on Oct 29, 2018

More information is needed to answer your question. You should contact an attorney to see what your options are.

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law for Idaho on
Q: Can the constitution ever be changed, why or why not?
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 20, 2015

Yes, the constitution can be changed. Why? Because amendments change it and there have been many so far. There are of course plenty more answers to this question.

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law for Idaho on
Q: Can enforcement trespass on my property without permission

If you have additional details about your question fill them here

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 20, 2015

No facts, no answer to the situation and no application of the law.

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law for Idaho on
Q: Article II Section I includes clause 'or a citizen of the United States;' what does this clause mean? Why is it there?

This clause is part of the original constitution of the United States of America and follows "No person except a natural born Citizen;" how is this not interpreted to mean that any citizen of the United States, natural born or (emphasis on the or) not can run for the presidency?

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 7, 2015

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.