Washington, DC asked in Personal Injury for District of Columbia

Q: If I am injured by an employee who ran over my foot with a golf cart on a golf course can I sue the golf course company?

I doubt the employee has the money to pay for my medical bills.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

John Mesirow

  • Washington, DC
  • Licensed in District of Columbia

A: Possibly, but you would need to provide A LOT more information to an attorney to get a definitive answer. You should call a personal injury attorney as soon as possible because if certain things are not done in the near term - photographs of injuries/property damage, obtaining witness statements, etc. - it can negatively impact your potential claim.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Tim Akpinar


A: An attorney could need additional details to make that call. In addition to the evidence of a fleeting nature already mentioned, you can request a copy of the accident report if one had been made.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.