Laguna Woods, CA asked in Probate for California

Q: I am filling out DE161 attachment 2. How do I list 76 EE savings bonds bought between 1991 and 2000. They mature at

different times. Can I photo copy the list and include with the attachment 2? Also should I include computers and devices with the personal effects or list separately?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Adrian Last
Bruce Adrian Last
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Pleasant Hill, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Laguna Woods:

This forum is for general probate questions, not for answers about specific procedures.

That being said, I would ask your court appointed probate referee how they prefer the assets, like bonds, listed. Items like bonds and tangible personal property must be appraised by the probate referee. You can take a look at Probate Code sections 8901 and 8902 for further guidance.

As an additional resource, you may wish to review the California Probate Referee Guide at:

For more detailed information about Probate Procedure, you should consult with an qualified probate attorney. Using an attorney, as opposed to doing it yourself, provides additional safeguards to ensure that you do not violate your statutory and fiduciary duties. If you do not know where to find an attorney, your local county bar association may operate an attorney referral program where, for a small or no fee, you receive a consultation with an attorney in your area of need.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.