Bel Air, MD asked in Domestic Violence for Maryland

Q: I am a domestic abuse survivor. My children and I escaped in June of 2011. My ex is now sending me emails saying

My husband and I are taking part in illegal activities. He hasn't said what activities. We aren't. I received another one today. I have asked him to stop and he hasn't. Can I get another PFA to make him stop emailing me and leave me alone? I feel like I am being abused all over again. And I thought this was over with. I even moved states to get away from him. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Elizabeth Pugliese
Elizabeth Pugliese
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Rockville, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: You can try for a protective order. Or you can just report the emails to the police.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.